June 2022 Newsletter!
Welcome to the very first A Sustainable Village monthly newsletter!
Back in September when we opened the shop, we had the seemingly simple goal of sharing sustainable products we love, providing a refill option for our neighborhood and giving back a bit. What we did not anticipate was the beautiful community that would build within and around our shop! Good people come through our doors–those who want to be part of the solution and truly love their communities and our planet. Thank you for being part of this community.
So it feels appropriate to make an EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT on World Environment Day! We have partnered with One Tree Planted, a non-profit that actively works on reforestation. For every order over $50, WE WILL PLANT ONE TREE!! One Tree Planted is a highly effective non-profit that holds a Platinum Seal of Transparency rating by Guidestar and a 100% rating for impact and results from Charity Navigator. Be part of the solution!
What better way to celebrate Father’s Day this year than to plant a tree in their name! We have some great options for dad, including:
- Camp Cocktail Kits (fully stocked on the Old Fashioneds!)
- Shaving bar soap
- Silicone wine glasses
- Collapsible Utensil Kit
- Small Axe Hot Sauce
- Beard soaps and balms
- Papr Deodorant
- NYC Greek Mug!
Other noteworthy shop news:
- June 16th is World Refill Day! Such a day exists! Follow us on IG for discounts and other ways we will be celebrating.
- We have expanded our team! We look forward to introducing you to our new team members later this month.
- We are now offering a permanent discount for all local college students.
- Follow us on Instagram @asustainablevillage where we post more detailed shop info, such as new products, restocks, eco facts, our adorable dog customers, and more.
Some New Products in the Shop:
- Refillable bubbles in an aluminum bottle (as fun as they sound)
- No waste lint remover (which initially sold out in 1 day!)
- Pura stainless steel water bottles, sippy cups, etc.
- Silicone baking cups
- Candles from small batch makers in the Bronx and Maine
- Many more that we try to post on IG!
Keep inspiring! And HAPPY PRIDE!
Em & Jaclyn